IOT Developer Vacancy
About Open Energi
Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power. Our advanced technology platform connects distributed energy assets such as batteries, electric vehicles and generators to energy and power markets in real-time, offering revenues or savings for their owners and simultaneously helping to decarbonise the electrical grid.
We work with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
We’re also part of bp Launchpad. What does this mean? The backing of one of the world’s biggest energy companies, with the agility of a start-up.
If you would enjoy the challenge of developing and scaling our IoT Dynamic Demand platform, laying a solid foundation for our product, read on!
About the role
Reporting to Head of Platform, the Java Developer will work within Open Energi’s growing Technology team to develop the functions and capabilities of the IoT software platform, produce software components and features core to the platform and configuration templates specific to sites/projects and maintain the IoT platform to ensure maximum uptime, stability and performance.
You’ll do this by:
• Develop core software components using Java
• Produce site specific configuration templates for new projects
• Maintain platform stability and performance through bug fixing and version updates
• Work closely with other members of the Technology team to ensure the IoT platform meets all necessary business requirements in a timely manner
• Work closely with the Operations team to support on-site activities and issues
Initially, this role is intended to be primarily remote working with occasional visits to our London office as required or desired. We will discuss your preferences when we invite you to interview. We aim to be as flexible as possible while retaining high levels of cohesion within the team.
What you’ll bring:
• Excellent Java programming skills acquired through commercial experience
• Experience with build tools such as Gradle
• Experience with unit testing frameworks such as TestNG
• Tridium Niagara 4 Developer and/or Technical Certification Program certified or relevant experience
• Experience with and developing for industrial, real-time control systems and IoT
Everyone is welcome at Open Energi
We create advanced technology to deliver an affordable, zero carbon energy future. A zero-carbon energy future is for everyone; that’s why here at Open Energi, we are committed to a culture of inclusion, recognising that having talent with diversity in backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and personalities will continue to set us apart and push us forward. So no matter what you look like or where you come from, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.