Commercial Analyst Job Vacancy
Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence with data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power while supporting the global transition to a zero-carbon energy system.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates, and optimises distributed energy assets to provide flexibility in real-time to the electricity system. We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers to develop innovative technology.
If you would enjoy the challenge of working as part of a small team helping to drive the sustainable energy transition, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to support our business development and market strategy through conducting techno-economic analysis. It’s a start-up environment, so you will be working on multiple tasks and must be comfortable working across teams and projects.
The role will include:
• Development of techno-economic models for revenue projections
• Risk and scenario analysis and presentation of modelling outputs
• Varied market analysis of UK, Australian & international flexibility markets
• Working with data scientists on performance reporting
• Internal reporting for investors and Finance team, e.g. projecting cash flows
• Business case assessment and supporting contracting commercial agreements
• Research of emerging technologies relevant to the business, such as hydrogen or V2G
• Policy analysis and briefing of business on key industry and regulatory issues
About the team
The Commercial Analyst will report to our Head of Markets & Policy and work closely with a Senior Commercial Analyst, therefore, there is strong experience within the team to help guide this individual and further develop their career.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Strong quantitative background; in particular, Excel modelling skills
• Self-starter with effective problem-solving abilities, comfortable with unstructured tasks
• A critical thinker with intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions
• Interest in the energy system transition and sustainable technology
• Excellent communication skills, capable of clearly articulating data to a diverse audience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline is required, plus either:
• Post-graduate education (such as a Masters’) in a related field, OR;
• 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial or energy focussed setting
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Read more about what’s next for Open Energi as we go through an exciting period of growth following the recent acquisition by bp Launchpad.