Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility when and where it is most needed to create a more sustainable energy future.
We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
If you would enjoy the challenge of deploying a ground-breaking technology into an emerging market and want to work for an innovative company where you have complete belief in the product and service you represent, we might be just the place for you.
Database & Systems administrator – the role
The role of Database & Systems administrator involves working within Open Energi’s technical team to manage and ensure the integrity of our database and systems infrastructure.
- Manage, develop and support databases, process and systems
- Implement monitoring and automate routine maintenance tasks
- Design and evolve database architecture to support application development
- Help define best practice at Open Energi for cloud application deployment and management
- Minimise the risk of database/system failures
- Support the data science team in developing data movement or transformation processes
Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate will be expected to manage both our legacy environment (SQL 2008R2, Windows Server 2008) and support our software team with development of our new system (Azure-based, with both Azure SQL DB/Warehouse and Linux VMs).
- Have experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ administration
- Have very good knowledge of T-SQL
- Be familiar with at least one scripting language (eg. Python)
- Have knowledge of Windows server administration
- Have a proactive attitude and an inquisitive nature
- Be willing to learn new technologies and languages
- Experience with data transformation and manipulation automation, possibly using a tool like SSIS
- Basic familiarity with Linux server administration
- Exposure to cloud computing, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with git version control
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like Terraform or Ansible
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.