Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is using advanced technology and data-driven insight to create a more sustainable energy future.
Our Dynamic Demand 2.0 platform connects and controls distributed energy resources to help businesses save costs, earn revenue and cut carbon.
We are breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
If you would enjoy the challenge of deploying a ground-breaking technology into an emerging market and want to work for an innovative company where you have complete belief in the product and service you represent, we might be just the place for you.
We are seeking an Engineering Technician to provide hands-on support for our technology roll-outs and commissioning projects at client sites throughout the UK. The role gives a clear career path leading to a Project Engineer role and beyond.
This role would suit someone:
- who demonstrates a strong aptitude for technical-based subject matter in the early stages of their career; or someone looking to redirect their career towards a more technical, hands-on role.
- with related experience, e.g. electrical, mechanical with electrical bias, or a related technical domain
- who has completed an electrical apprenticeship with site experience.
- who is a graduate in an engineering-related discipline.
Provided you are interested in gaining hands-on technical experience in the work place, and a career in developing a new technology in the energy sector, we will ensure you gain all the knowledge and skills you need.
The successful candidate will be based from home but will be required to attend our central London Head Office and travel to client premises/sites throughout the UK, with overnight stays where necessary.
Place of work
- Work from home – extensive travel across UK
- Car allowance
Main Purpose of Role:
Support the Project Engineer to design software and hardware integrations for Open Energi’s portfolio of assets, from concept to project sign-off
- Support technical surveys of client assets and processes to identify customer requirements
- Produce accurate documentation detailing work carried out on site
- On-site and remote commissioning of Open Energi equipment
- Work in the Open Energi Lab to support development projects
- Attend client sites to maintain and service Open Energi electrical equipment
- Maintain Asset Register of Open Energi equipment
- Provide feedback on solutions to support continuous improvement
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Safety conscious
- Have a wide interest in how and why things work
- Strong competence using engineering hand tools and equipment
- Aptitude for electro mechanical assembly (or similar related discipline); demonstrate manual dexterity
- Ability to work from electrical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Sharp, quick, dedicated and innovative problem solver, methodical with strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Robust work ethic showing high levels of reliability, punctuality and dependability
- Eager to continuously grow and learn new skills
- Demonstrate good attention to detail along with a desire for continuous improvement
- Teamworking and the ability to build strong relationships with co-workers
- Recognised qualification and experience in electrical safe working practices
- Full UK driving licence with own vehicle
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- 17th edition electrician qualified
- Experience working in an industrial site environment
- BMS (Tridium, Trend) or PLC
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols (RS232, RS485, IP, Modbus, BACnet)
- Take care for personal health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions and comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Co-operate with others on health and safety, and not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Report any accident, hazard, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to your line manager and/or raise the appropriate Hazard/Near Miss Report
- Co-operate with the company, clients and sub-contractors to enable them to discharge their own responsibilities successfully and safely