Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility when and where it is most needed to create a more sustainable energy future.
We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
If you would enjoy the challenge of deploying a ground-breaking technology into an emerging market and want to work for an innovative company where you have complete belief in the product and service you represent, we might be just the place for you.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our growing team. You’ll be reporting to our Commercial Manager and working closely alongside our Data Science and Technology teams to help inform business strategy and ensure our market leading solutions stay ahead of the curve. It’s a start-up environment, so you will be working on multiple tasks and must be comfortable working across teams and projects.
The role will include:
- Commercial analysis and support
- Working with data scientists on performance reporting
- Internal reporting for investors and Finance team
- Using models and other quantitative methods to support the Commercial team as required
- Risk and scenario analysis
- Market research and analysis of UK & international demand response markets
- Researching new services and assessing their commercial value
- Business case development and commercial agreements
- Policy, sales & marketing support
- Techno-economic modelling
- Researching emerging technologies relevant to the business (e.g. energy storage)
- Policy analysis and briefing of business on key industry and regulatory issues
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Strong quantitative background
- High level of literacy, written communication and analytical skills
- High level of numeracy & commercial judgement
- Strong Excel modelling skills
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving abilities, especially for unstructured tasks
- A critical thinker with intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions
- Interest or expertise in the energy market
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential impact
- Commercial and financial knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, capable of clearly articulating data to a wide audience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, achieving at least a 2:1
- Post-graduate education (such as a Masters’) is desirable, but not essential
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus
- Based in Open Energi’s London office
- Career development opportunities
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.