Commercial Analyst Job Vacancy
Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying
artificial intelligence with data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming
power while supporting the global transition to a zero-carbon energy system.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets to
provide flexibility in real-time to the electricity system. We’re breaking new ground in demand-side
management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers to develop innovative technology.
If you would enjoy the challenge of working as aprt of a small team helping to drive the sustainable
energy transition then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to support our business development and market strategy
through conducting techno-economic anlaysis. It’s a start-up environment, so you will be working on
multiple tasks and must be comfortable working across teams and projects.
The role will include:
• Development of techno-economic models for revenue projections
• Risk and scenario analysis and presentation of modelling outputs
• Varied market analysis of UK, Australian & international flexibility markets
• Working with data scientists on performance reporting
• Internal reporting for investors and Finance team, eg projecting cash flows
• Business case assessment and supporting contracting commercial agreements
• Research of emerging technologies relevant to the business, such as hydrogen or V2G
• Policy analysis and briefing of business on key industry and regulatory issues
We’re looking for someone with:
• Strong quantitative background; in particular Excel modelling skills
• Self-starter with effective problem-solving abilities, comfortable with unstructured tasks
• A critical thinker with intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions
• Interest in the energy system transition and sustainable technology
• Excellent communication skills, capable of clearly articulating data to a diverse audience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitave discipline is required; and either:
o Post-graduate education (such as a Masters’) in a related field
o 1-2 years experience in a commercial or energy focussed setting
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the quantity of
applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful