Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence and data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets in real-time, maximising value for end users and providing invisible demand flexibility when and where it is most needed to create a more sustainable energy future.
We’re breaking new ground in demand-side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers, developers and world-renowned technology partners to deliver innovative solutions that put our customers in control of how, when and from where they consume electricity.
If you would enjoy the challenge of deploying a ground-breaking technology into an emerging market and want to work for an innovative company where you have complete belief in the product and service you represent, we might be just the place for you.
Project Manager Role
The role of Project Manager involves working with colleagues across Open Energi’s various departments to provide project management structure and governance for both internal and external projects. Experience and track record of implementing successful multi-site and multi-project delivery, working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
The successful candidate will be based at our London Head Office, with some travel throughout the UK. A desire to be part of our flexible, rapidly expanding and challenging organisation is highly sought, and excellent remuneration benefits will be provided for the right candidate. The position would suit an experienced project manager with Prince2 qualifications and knowledge/skills in ICA or instrumentation projects to help drive the company forward.
Project Manager – Core Functions
- Direct and manage project development and implementation from concept to disposal
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support corporate business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Define project success criteria and manage delivery to meet these criteria
- Manage day-to-day aspects of the projects and scope, including change control
- Minimize OE’s exposure and risk on projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Estimate and plan availability of resources and participants necessary to achieve project goals and assign individual responsibilities, in agreement with the Open Energi Engineering Manager
- Conduct project Wash-up Meetings and create a Lessons Learned/Recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Provide input to tenders, contracts and tender-bid analysis as required
Project Manager – Other Duties
- Take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do (or do not do);
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Co-operate with others on health and safety, and not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Follow the training you have received when using any work items your employer has given you
- Report any accident, hazard, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to your line manager and/or raise the appropriate Hazard/Near Miss Report
- Plan, create and execute full-scale project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively and hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information and exceptions to management team.
- Provide fortnightly status reports to the programme manager.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
Project Manager – Skills
- Project Finance Management including the development, submission and maintenance of budget proposals, capex & opex cost models, cash flow and cost-to-completion projections
- Production of Capital funding documentation
- High awareness of construction/installation site safety management.
Project Manager – Knowledge & Soft Skills
- Prince2 qualified or similar
- Knowledge of ICA/electrical instrumentation projects
- Possession of a good understanding in the areas such as control systems, software product development and multi-site rollouts
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members.
- Manage client expectations and day-to-day client interaction.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Comply with and help to enforce governance, standard policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrable work experience in a middle/senior project management capacity, including all aspects of product development and project execution.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and project management software, such as MS Project.
- Certifications in MSP, APM, qualified desirable but not essential
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus
- Car allowance
- Based in Open Energi’s London office
- Career development opportunities
- Hours of Work: 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday, 37.5hrs/week
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to give specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.