Management Accountant Vacancy
About Open Energi
Headquartered in London with global ambitions, Open Energi is an energy tech company applying artificial intelligence with data-driven insight to radically reduce the cost of delivering and consuming power, while supporting the global transition to a zero-carbon energy system.
Our advanced technology platform connects, aggregates and optimises distributed energy assets to provide flexibility in real-time to the electricity system. We’re breaking new ground in demand side management, working with leading businesses, suppliers and developers to create innovative technology.
We recently became part of bp Launchpad, who will seek opportunities to further scale up the business at pace. To find out more about us our recent acquisition and relationship with bp Launchpad, click here.
About the role
We are seeking a Management Accountant to join the team during this exciting period of transformation and growth!
Reporting to the Finance Director in this newly created role, you will ensure that business areas have robust financial information to support effective decision making. You will be performing month end duties for our key business areas; producing month end accounts and budget variance reports for our operations and overhead budgets, reviewing weekly Purchase Orders/Goods receipted/Goods receipted not invoiced. You will be managing the project accounts and support the design and implementation of effective quality controls to ensure compliance with all requirements. You will also assist with Year-End accounts and audit work, assist with responses to internal stakeholders on their budgets and spend.
You’ll do this by:
• Analysing financial information to assist business profitability and growth
• Provide accurate and sound management reports
• Produce month end and year end journals
• Prepare monthly management accounts
• Prepare project accounts reports
• Manage capital expenditure
• Produce monthly /ad-hoc reconciliations, variance analysis and commentaries
• Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
• Guide and motivate the team
• Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
• Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations
What you’ll bring:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Management Accountant role
• Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, ACMA
• Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
• Excellent knowledge of project cost accounting and reporting
• Excellent knowledge of risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft financial software and MS Office software tools including Excel
• Analytical mindset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A problem-solver with attention to detail
If you would enjoy the challenge of working as part of a small team helping to drive the sustainable energy transition, then we would love to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org